Friday, December 12, 2008

Gift ideas

I thought this was a real winner for a pen geek like myself:
Save $200 in 2 minutes and have the worlds best writing pen
transform a $3 pen into a $200 pen in just seconds. Mont Blanc pens are the worlds finest writing pens but they make specialized refills so you must buy their $200+ pens to use their amazing ink...until now. This is the easiest hack/adaptation to give anyone the king's writing ink.
The 12-step guide tells you how to buy the refills for an expensive pen and put it into the Pilot G2.

Personally, I'm a pretty big fan of the Uni-ball Jetstream -- but I can't even find refills for the thing. Also, it gets a lot less smooth after it is half empty. Also, the one time I had one malfunction, I sent it back to the factory for a replacement and it didn't come. I was sorely disappointed. Nevermind that I was really hoping they would send me a box of replacements. Lately I've been borrowing a Pilot PreciseGRIP extra fine pen from a coworker. I'm not a fan of super fine points. It's all about how it feels in my hand plus how it rolls.

Wait, I thought this post was about gift ideas...

No comments: